Wednesday, July 15, 2009

And Now We Lay You Down to Sleep...




It has been three months now since I have held my baby girl and it seems like it has been three years. Ever since Kamdyn was born, I think I have felt every emotion possible. It started with pure joy when we brought her home and since then I have felt so many emotions, some I didnt even know existed. Most days, I think I am doing really well, and then I have those days that you just want to stay in bed. It is amazing how strong you are when you have an amazing family and friends, and the Lord right by your side. If someone would have told me that I would face this trial at some point in my life, I would say I could never get through it, but here I am. I was sitting in Relief Society and someone made a comment about when faced with a trial, instead of saying "why me?" say "why not me?' and that has made such a difference in my life. I have the gospel to lean on, we both have amazing families and friends, it has made me realize I would much rather be the one to go through this rather than someone who doesnt have the gospel, or doesnt have supportive families. The one emotion I have never felt is anger at Heavenly Father. I just have to remember that He is my Father and wants the best for me and He knows perfectly what he is doing.

13 comments:

The Cranney's said...

That is a beautiful testimony. You and your family are an example and strength to us all. Thank you.

The Spicers said...

You have an amazing outlook and testimony of the gospel! Thank you for sharing it!

Shawna, Bryan, and Dylan Beall said...

I love the picture on Kamdyn's grave, it is so sweet. Your testimony has helped strengthen mine and I am grateful to have you as a friend.

Cass said...

Cal, you are such an amazing women. Your testimony is so strong. Thanks for being such an example to me. I wish I was a better friend, I have so much to learn from you. I think about you often!

The Burnah Clan said...

thank you for posting this so we could see. I love the little perfect picture of Jesus holding baby Kamdyn. And thanks for sharing your feelings.

LINZ said...

Wow Cal, you really are amazing! I'm so glad that you're feeling the love of the Lord so abundantly. Thank you for letting us all know how you're feeling and just a little of what you're going through. We love you!

Sheffers said...

Your amazing and your post is beautiful. Kamdyn's headstone is perfect. Thanks for sharing this. Your so very strong and our Heavenly Father loves you and your family so much, thanks for being such a great example.

Keenan and Brittani Atwood said...

Thanks for posting this about your little Kamdyn. You are such an example of strong testimony and faith! Our thoughts are with you.

tsroybal said...

Wow, what can I say other than you are an amazing women Callee. The testimony you have is what some of us wish we had. You are an example to me and what someday I wish to be. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with all of us. I love you all, Sandi

Cody and Michelle said...

You are such a rock! I can't believe what a wonderful attitude and outlook you have on life. You are someone that I will always look up to. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Always when you should be the one leaning on others, you are the one giving others the strength to stand! You are so amazing Callee! Thanks for your example! Kamdyn is blessed to be a part of your eternal family!!

Kendal and Kendra said...

What can I say... you guys are amazing! You are such great examples to our family every single day! We love you and are here if you ever need anything! Please bring Easton over and let yourself have those days in bed!

Michelle Besendorfer said...

I don't know if you remember me, I'm in Shawna's ward. We got Jacob's headstone recently as well, it's four months tomorrow for us. Glad to hear you're doing ok, hang in there, what you wrote was beautiful!
Michelle Besendorfer